Perth 2016, WIN $10,000 AUD for your team – Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry to this promotion the entrant is deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into Perth 2016 World Masters Athletics Championships (WMAC) is open to athletes 35 years of age. Athletes who have registered prior to the opening date of this competition will be included in the total team registration tally.
- Employees of World Masters Athletics and its contractors and agents and their immediate family, are not eligible to enter. For the purpose of this clause ‘immediate family’ means ‘spouse, de-facto, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin’.
- The promotion commences at 1000am Australian Western Standard Time on Monday 11/07/2016 and closes at 1159pm Australian Western Standard Time on Monday 8/08/2016.
- For teams to be in the running, team managers must:
Encourage athletes to register online between the competition opening and closing date, in one or more events of the Perth 2016 World Masters Athletics Championships held between October 26 2016 and November 6 2016.
- The winner will be chosen at the Welcome Ceremony of Perth 2016 WMAC by a representative of Perth 2016 Local Organizing Committee LOC. The Welcome Ceremony will be held on 25th October 2016 at Elizabeth Quay, Perth CBD.
- The winner will be selected at random from the pool of qualified team entries. Team managers will be contacted on the 12/07/2016 to be notified of how many entries they have in the competition.
- All qualified teams must be present at the Welcome Ceremony to collect their prize.
- The prize is:
The winning team will be presented with a cheque for $10,000 AUD at the Welcoming Ceremony of Perth 2016.
The prize must be used for a team activity for example but not limited to a team luncheon during Perth 2016 competition dates, or a team excursion to a Western Australia tourist attraction. Assistance will be provided by Perth 2016 to all team managers entered into the competition to pre-plan suitable functions in the event that their country win’s the prize.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, redeemable or transferrable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify by any means which the Promoter considers necessary the identity of any entrant and to satisfy itself that the entrant has fulfilled these Terms and Conditions. The entrant must co-operate fully with the Promoter in any verification process.
- If an entrant breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, acts unlawfully, tampers or attempts to tamper with the promotion, jeopardises the fair and proper conduct of the promotion, or acts improperly or unethically (each in the Promoter’s sole opinion), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry and any prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may suspend, vary or cancel the promotion at any time.
- If the promotion is being conducted electronically:
- the time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoters database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason;
- any costs associated with accessing the promotional website or downloading the entry application are the entrant’s responsibility and may depend on the entrant’s usage plan; and
- the entrant must not submit an entry which includes any computer virus or other harmful computer software.
- The Promoter reserves the right to contact any entrant in connection with future promotions. If an entrant does not want this to occur, the entrant must notify the Promoter in writing.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- If the promotion involves an entrant submitting the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), the Promoter may use any of these for any purpose in any media for an unlimited period of time without payment.
- If the promotion involves the entrant submitting anything in writing, the entrant grants to the Promoter the copyright to it and warrants to the Promoter that it is the entrant’s original work.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct personal information to the Promoter.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law all implied terms and conditions are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law each entrant releases the Promoter from any and all costs, damages, expenses, and losses which any entrant may suffer or incur as a result of the Promoter’s action or inaction arising out of or in connection with the promotion.
- Without limiting clause 23 in no circumstances is the Promoter liable to any entrant for any indirect or consequential losses, including but not limited to loss of opportunity or profit.
- Without limiting clauses 23 and 24, the Promoter is not liable to the entrant for anything outside the reasonable control of the Promoter or the acts or omissions of 3rd
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia irrespective of the place of residence of any entrant.
- A reference to the Promoter includes its officers, employees, agents and contractors.
- The Promoter is Perth 2016, c/o TriEvents 50 Hasler Rd, Osborne Park WA 6017, ABN 73 154 618 121
Team Managers Clause:
The team manager presented with this prize must agree to use the funds for the intention of a team activity, function or outing whilst attending Perth 2016 WMAC.
Perth 2016 will contact the President of World Masters Athletics and the President of the National Affiliate winner and all registered team members of Perth 2016 to notify them that they have won the competition and to expect correspondence with further information on how the funds will be spent.
The team manager is not authorized to spend this money for personal use nor bank this money into a personal bank account. Any unlawful use of this funds the promoter reserves the right to cancel the cheque and withdraw the funds from the competition.