‘Win Flights to Perth 2016′ Competition – Terms and Conditions
- By submitting an entry to this promotion the entrant is deemed to accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Entry is open to international athletes (Australian residents excluded) 35 years of age and over that have entered the Perth 2016 World Masters Athletics Championships.
- Employees of World Masters Athletics and its contractors and agents and their immediate family, are not eligible to enter. For the purpose of this clause ‘immediate family’ means ‘spouse, de-facto, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin’.
- The promotion commences at 100am Australian Western Standard Time on Tuesday 24/05/2016 and closes at 1159pm Australian Western Standard Time on Thursday 30/06/2016.
- To enter, entrants must:
Register online between the competition opening and closing date, in one or more events of the Perth 2016 World Masters Athletics Championships held between October 26 2016 and November 6 2016.
Eligible entrants must reside and compete in a country other than Australia.
- The winner will be chosen at 1000am Australian Western Standard Time on Friday 1/6/2016 at the offices of Perth 2016 c/o TriEvents, 50 Hasler Rd, Osborne Park WA 6017.
- The winner will be selected at random from the pool of registered athletes.
- The Promoter will attempt to contact the winner(s) by email for up to 10 days following the close of the promotion. A winner must claim their prize within that period or the prize will be forfeited and another winner selected.
- The prize is:
The provision of flights for winner and one travel partner to the value of $3,000 Australian Dollars (AU) to travel to and from the Perth 2016 World Masters Athletics Championships October 26 to November 6 2016, held in Perth, Western Australia, Australia.
- Prizes are not exchangeable, redeemable or transferrable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify by any means which the Promoter considers necessary the identity of any entrant and to satisfy itself that the entrant has fulfilled these Terms and Conditions. The entrant must co-operate fully with the Promoter in any verification process.
- If an entrant breaches any of these Terms and Conditions, acts unlawfully, tampers or attempts to tamper with the promotion, jeopardises the fair and proper conduct of the promotion, or acts improperly or unethically (each in the Promoter’s sole opinion), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry and any prize will be forfeited.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may suspend, vary or cancel the promotion at any time.
- If the promotion is being conducted electronically:
- the time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoters database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason;
- any costs associated with accessing the promotional website or downloading the entry application are the entrant’s responsibility and may depend on the entrant’s usage plan; and
- the entrant must not submit an entry which includes any computer virus or other harmful computer software.
- The Promoter reserves the right to contact any entrant in connection with future promotions. If an entrant does not want this to occur, the entrant must notify the Promoter in writing.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter.
- If the promotion involves an entrant submitting the entrant’s name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), the Promoter may use any of these for any purpose in any media for an unlimited period of time without payment.
- If the promotion involves the entrant submitting anything in writing, the entrant grants to the Promoter the copyright to it and warrants to the Promoter that it is the entrant’s original work.
- The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, prize suppliers, and for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct personal information to the Promoter.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law all implied terms and conditions are excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
- To the fullest extent permitted at law each entrant releases the Promoter from any and all costs, damages, expenses, and losses which any entrant may suffer or incur as a result of the Promoter’s action or inaction arising out of or in connection with the promotion.
- Without limiting clause 23 in no circumstances is the Promoter liable to any entrant for any indirect or consequential losses, including but not limited to loss of opportunity or profit.
- Without limiting clauses 23 and 24, the Promoter is not liable to the entrant for anything outside the reasonable control of the Promoter or the acts or omissions of 3rd
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Western Australia irrespective of the place of residence of any entrant.
- A reference to the Promoter includes its officers, employees, agents and contractors.
- The Promoter is Perth 2016, c/o TriEvents 50 Hasler Rd, Osborne Park WA 6017, ABN 73 154 618 121
Unless otherwise specified, spending money, meals, drinks, international travel to and from departure point, items of a personal nature, in room and incidental charges relating to the accommodation, transfers and all other ancillary costs are not included and are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with Frequent Flyer programs. All components of the prize must be taken together. Airline tickets must be used in conjunction with the trip, over the specified routing in the stated class of travel. Travel restrictions may apply. The winner and their travel companion must travel together. If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the prize as stated, and on the dates indicated, the winner will forfeit the prize and no compensation will be given in lieu. If any part of the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize of a similar value and/or specification.
It is the winner’s and their travel companion’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel documentation. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditure incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of relevant authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travelers.
The winner and their travel companion are also responsible for their own travel insurance for the travel period. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
During the trip the winner and their travel companion must:
(a) co-operate fully with the Promoter in all media and promotional activities including by agreeing to be filmed (copyright in any footage belongs to the Promoter); and
(b) not do anything which may in the Promoter’s sole opinion damage the reputation of the Promoter.
If the winner and their travel companion do not comply with this clause the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the trip.