Agreement / Entry Form with athlete
Parties to agreement
- World Masters Athletics (WMA) has sanctioned Australian Masters Athletics Inc (AMA) to conduct the 2016 World Masters Athletics Championships (WMAC) in Perth, Western Australia during October and November 2016.
- AMA has engaged Perth 2016 Ltd (Perth 2016) to plan, conduct and overall manage the WMAC.
- Perth 2016 has engaged Blue Gem Holdings Pty Ltd (TriEvents) to assist with the organisation, marketing and management of the WMAC. Perth 2016 has also engaged Athletics Western Australia (AWA) to assist with the organisation of the competition and competition related services for the WMAC.
Disclaimer and Agreement for Use of Medical and Entry Data
- I hereby apply for entry to the WMAC on the following terms and conditions which form a binding agreement between me, WMA, AMA, Perth 2016, TriEvents and AWA.
- I will abide by the IAAF rules and regulations as modified for WMAC by WMA via their handbook and any special rules specified for this competition which will be outlined on the Perth 2016 website and communicated to competitors.
- I am physically and mentally fit to compete in the WMAC safely and without causing injury to myself or other participants in the WMAC.
- I agree and consent to accept medical treatment from Perth 2016, TriEvents or AWA, their servants, agents or contractors, ambulance officers or medical personnel in the event that I am injured or otherwise become ill or incapacitated during the WMAC. In the event of any emergency medical treatment or services provided to me requiring the payment of fees, I agree to pay these fees upon request.
- In consideration of WMA, AMA, Perth 2016, TriEvents and AWA permitting me to participate in the WMAC, I agree to indemnify, hold harmless and release the WMA, AMA, Perth 2016, TriEvents, AWA and their employees, servants and agents, and all officials and volunteers from and against any injury, loss, damage, liability, cost, expense, demand, claim or action whether arising at common law or under statute that I may suffer or incur arising out of or in connection with my participation in the WMAC including as a result of the negligence, breach of statutory duty or any act or omission of WMAC, AMA, Perth 2016, TriEvents, AWA and their employees, servants or agents and all officials and volunteers.
- The indemnity and release in clause 4 above shall be, and operate separately, in favour of all persons, corporations and organisations involved or otherwise engaged in promoting or staging WMAC and their servants, agents and representatives including but not limited to the medical and paramedical personnel and police and ambulance officers and the indemnity and release shall operate whether or not the injury, loss, damage, liability, cost, expense, demand, claim or action is attributable to an act or omission or neglect of any one or more of them.
- I consent to photographs and video footage being taken of me before, during and after my participation in the WMAC. I agree and acknowledge that the photographs and video footage are owned by WMA, AMA, Perth 2016, TriEvents and AWA and that those parties may use the photographs and video footage for promotional or other purposes without my further consent being obtained. I also consent to those parties using my name, image, voice, likeness and my performance in the WMAC, at any time, to promote and publicise the WMAC or their businesses, without compensation.
- I agree that all my personal details and the personal details of all accompanying persons (Personal Details) are provided to WMA, AMA, Perth 2016, TriEvents and AWA and may be provided by them to:
- The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Future hosts of the WMAC
- The registration services provider SimplyRegister, Inc
- The WMA, Regional Associations and National Affiliates
- I agree that the Personal Details may be used by any party to whom they are provided for the following purposes:
- Any purpose required or deemed appropriate by, or to assist, the parties hereto or the Australian government or any State or local government body, service or agency in Australia.
- To contact me about my registration and/or participation in the WMAC.
- To provide me with my unique WMAC Accreditation Pass and competition bibs.
- To provide emergency medical treatment in the event that I am injured or otherwise become ill or incapacitated during the WMAC.
- Personal Details may also be used for any purpose
- Required or authorised by law
- Required in order to investigate an unlawful activity
- Required by an enforcement body for investigative activities
- Necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety
- Personal Details may be disclosed overseas for the stated purposes.
- I agree to allow WMA to hold the Personal Details and medical data in the WMA Registration Database.
Drug Testing and Disclaimer Consent
- I acknowledge that Drug Testing will be conducted under the WMA/IAAF Anti-Doping Rules and Regulations and hereby give my consent to be subject to any drug testing requirements at the said Championships. NOTE: If selected for drug testing Competitors must declare any/all medications being used by them on the doping control form. Any athlete using a prohibited substance as defined in the Regulations, must apply for an exemption (TUE) to the WMA Anti-Doping and Medical Committee. Athletes taking or requiring exemption for a prohibited substance must apply to the WMA Medical Officer (Dr. Martine Prévost) for a TUE exemption (17 rue Léon Roby FR-87000 LIMOGES: FRANCE. Tel: 0033 607 949 507, email@example.com).
If an exemption is refused, the prohibited substance(s) concerned must not be used and should you be selected for testing and the test proves positive this may result in a suspension. Please note that no other medical certificate(s) will be accepted in substitution for a TUE certificate. If you are granted a TUE exemption certificate, this must be with you at all times along with proof of identification, and must be produced at the Doping Control Centre if you are selected for a drug test. Details of prohibited substances and all Anti-Doping procedures are available on the IAAF (www.iaaf.org) website, the WMA (www.world-masters-athletics.org) website and your IAAF Affiliated Federation. The Competitor’s Handbook in Perth will also contain details of the Anti-Doping Procedures to be undertaken during the championships.
- I understand that in no circumstances will refunds be considered following the registration closing date of Thursday 25 August 2016. Prior to the registration closing date, but only in circumstances where there are extreme medical grounds supported by relevant documentary evidence of such medical conditions, refunds will be considered at the sole and final discretion of the LOC. Any such refunds granted shall be less the administration fees.